Monday, November 20, 2006

Back in the pool

So I finally jumped back into swimming.

Today's instructor was Dictator Eric.

We did a warmup, a few drills, then a pyramid of front crawl (25/50/75/100/75/50/25), with a sprint of the last 25m. Then the same pyramid of flutter kick (with fins thank goodness!).

The next bit was 'pick a stroke you want to work on and I'll give you some individual help'. I'm pleased to report that the stuff he's picking on with my front crawl is really minor stuff. YAY!!!

A short cooldown, followed by a soak in the hot tub. My hamstrings were NOT happy with 400m of flutter kick with fins. He really is Dictator Eric.

I am NOT taking my kids to their lessons this evening. Daddy can do it.

4 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Good job! I'm working up the nerve to get back in the pool, too... master's group costs only 22 American dollars a month. You'll inspire me to do it :-)

Nancy Toby said...

Yay! Step one, check, complete!! Onwards!!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Alright! That's way more swimming than I've done this month. Way to go!

Downhillnut said...

Woohoo! Go, Flipper Friend, go!