MC had the idea first. Her goal for 2006 was to walk for 180 minutes, during 4 walks per week. I like the idea of counting minutes instead of workouts. You get extra credit when you do more, and it's easier to 'catch up' when you have a bad workout or week.
So, I'll start with the same plan:
Walk 4 times per week for a total of 180 minutes.
However, other activity counts too. 1 minute of walking will equal 30 seconds of running, 1 minute of cycling, 1 minute of swimming, and 2 minutes of weights.
That will do for a start. I'll refine it in February, when I see how this is really working.
My nutrition needs to improve. I'll start by eating one fruit and one vegetable minimum per day. Yes, this is a sad place to begin. This will be reviewed Feb 1, with a possibility of increase.
Some other ideas for goals:
- Improve my swim time for 750m to under 20:00
- Improve my run time to under 37:00 for 5km
- Improve my bike time to under 60:00 for 20km
It would be ideal to nail these in one fell swoop in one sprint tri. However, reality may trash my dream. I'll settle for nailing them one at a time, even in a non-race setting.
Right now, my 5km time is about 39:59, my swim time is hovering around 26:00, and my bike time (which always seems to have a headwind on the return trip) is around 1:20:00. So I do have some work to do. But these times are my default times when I do absolutely no training. So any training will improve things. I haven't done a swim time trial since last May. I had some major swim technique improvement this fall. I haven't tested whether it's made me any faster.
(I'm starting my new year today, since I was sick all last week)
I'm adding rowing to my fitness units. 1 minute of rowing equals 2 units.
2 comments:
Way to go, D!
Are those reference times within the last year? If not, you may want to re-do those. If they're more than a year old, they may not be so helpful. I'm just sayin'...
We're cheering for you!
You go girl!!!
Those are some solid improvments, even if they are stand alone times.
Can't wait to read the updates.
Post a Comment