Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Swim, swim and swim some more

Today's swim workout was easy. Well, easy to remember without looking at the board. Not so easy to swim

Using any stroke you choose:

200m warmup
25m, then 30 seconds rest
50m, then 30 seconds rest
75m... , 100m... , 125m..., 150m..., 175m...
200m then 1 minute rest (woohoo!)
175m, 125m, 100m, 75m, 50m, 25m
200m cooldown


I got to the 125m on the way back down when time ran out, which is 1400m. And I got to that *zone* where you can just keep swimming forever and ever and ever. It's nice to find that zone again because it means I know I can finish anything if I keep plodding along.

And we had 5 in our lane today. One got a headache and left early. One only swims breaststroke with a W-I-D-E kick. One thinks she's *so* much faster and passes, but tries to pass whether or not someone is coming the other way. Rude! and the last is my friend Nancy (who is, of course, perfect!).

And my arms weren't nearly so tired today, but my hamstring was cramping as I left the locker room. Ouch!

1 comment:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Good job, Fish! Keep it up...